##Windows has a fast-startup option which makes it hard to boot into bios.
I stroubled to get the tablet in to the boot menu for a while until I found info on this forum: forum.tabletpcreview.com/acer-gateway/40963-how-enter-into-iconia-w500s-bios-settings.html
“If you have the Windows 8 Developer Preview installed, you will not be able to boot up the bios screen the normal way, as Win 8 has a fast-startup option that overrides it.” so find the “disable fast startup” option.
If this helps just one person it is worth it. That person might be me.
##To Disable the fast startup in windows:
- In power options, “Choose what the Power buttons do”
- Then click “Change settings that are currently unavailable”
- Then scroll down to to the shutdown setting and disable fast startup.
##Then you will be able to use the documented steps to get to the bios.
- Power button + windows button at the same time.
- Then press F2 when you see the cursor.
If you do not press F2 quickly enough it will boot into Windows.
Remember you will need a usb drive that has been prepared to be bootable, not just a iso file on a drive.
Comments can happen here: /blog/issues/5[ Words: 207 ]